At 730 North Optometry, we are taking extra precautions to limit the exposure risk of COVID-19. Appointments are required to enter the building. Our staff members’ safety is of utmost concern. Without their health, we could not keep our office fully operational for the community. Kindly read all of the following information in preparation for your upcoming visit.
IMPORTANT: IF YOU HAVE TRAVELED OUT OF STATE OR ATTENDED A GATHERING OF 10 OR MORE PEOPLE IN THE PAST 14 DAYS, WE ASK THAT YOU DO NOT VISIT OUR OFFICE UNTIL YOU HAVE SELF-ISOLATED FOR 14 DAYS.
This is what you can expect upon your arrival to our office:
- A properly fitting face mask is required to enter the building.
- Your nose, mouth, and chin must be covered at all times and your mask must be secured for the duration of your visit.
- Gators or bandanas are not effective face coverings in a medical facility. Anyone wearing a gator or bandana will be provided with a surgical mask instead.
- You may not remove your mask to try on frames or insert/remove contact lenses.
- If you have a medical condition that prohibits you from wearing a mask, we ask that you reschedule your appointment until there is a decrease in positive cases.
- When you arrive, a staff member will greet you and take your temperature with a non-contact thermometer. Any person with a temperature of 100.3 or above will be asked to monitor symptoms at home and reschedule their appointment at 730 North Optometry.
- We are asking that all patients come to their appointments alone. The only exception would be for minors or those requiring an aide or guardian. In this case, one extra person is allowed and he or she will also require a face mask.
- Please wait for an optician to shop for glasses. Every frame that is pulled from the board and tried on will be sanitized before another patient comes in contact with it. Our staff is working diligently to make sure frames and surfaces are disinfected all day long.
- If you choose to purchase glasses on a later date, we are requiring patients to schedule shopping appointments with opticians.
- We will be changing our dispensing and adjustment procedures, effective 11/9/20. Our opticians will pre-adjust most eyewear at the time of purchase. Anyone requesting a formal adjustment or adjustment at dispense will be asked to schedule an appointment. All other order pickups will require pre-payment and be done contactless at the door on the back side of the building. Please follow the signs and the instructions in the parking lot.
Please note that we do not accept changes or cancellations via email. Call 847-362-9900 to cancel or reschedule. If cancellation is necessary, we require that you notify us at least 24 hours in advance. Appointments are in high demand and your advanced notice will allow another patient access to that appointment time. No-Shows or same day cancellations will be subject to a $35 fee.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we take every possible measure to keep our staff and community safe. We look forward to seeing you soon!